Salam Everyone !
Today's post is a pretty exciting one , its all about making the most out of the last ten days of Ramadan and maximising your chances of getting in to Jannah and of course, inshallah winning Allah's mercy. As always, don't forget to share this post and of course comment any extra tips for making the most out of these precious few days. Let's start !
According to Al Bukhari and other muslim records, Aisha reported that the Prophet Muhammed PBUH would strive to acts of worship during the last ten days in Ramadan more than he would at any time.
1 ) So the first tip would have to be, sign out of the hotel that is this world's dutys and sign in for a 10 day vacation of pure dedication to worship. Of course, this is harder said than done, especially those of us who have families to take care of and day jobs. But, the whole point of this 'mini vacation' is to give more than you would usually. So rather, than sitting down watching that ramadan drama series, why not sit down for a 45 minute session watching an islamic lecture ? Or rather than having that little 30 minutes of magazine surfing why not surf the Quran? It's little acts like that, that will Inshallah bring you closer to Allah and make you more dedicated to your religion.
2) Recite the Quran - It is said, that for every letter you read in the Quran you get 10 Hasanat. Not only that, but every single surat and ayat in the Quran has its own benefits and lessons that other books can never offer you. As well as that, when you recite the Quran you get this amazing peaceful sensation that starts in your heart and spreads all over your body and that sensation you can only get after / whilst reading the Quran. 'Verily in the rememberance of Allah, do hearts find peace.' (13:28)
3) Increase Prayers - What better way to get your sins wiped out and your wishes come true, than by praying and engaging in a meangiful conversation with your Lord ? The most effective way of praying, is when you reflect on the surah you are speaking (or the Imam is speaking) and when you concentrate and give every movement in your prayer the same amount of deep attention. It's also a really good idea, to research on the surah you usually use when praying - by finding out information about them , you will appreciate them more and ofcourse that will (inshallah) help make your salah more meaningful. The more you appreciate a surah and your prayers the less fidgety and distracted you will be ! Another really good tip would be, to carry out the sunnah with your prayers this includes , doing the extra prayers before and after your mandotary prayers , making certain duaa's , reading Ayat Al Kursi after each prayer and carring out Tasbeeh. All of these little acts of worship add up to great ajr. For more insight about the hidden advantages of Salah please click this link.
4) Make Duaa - It is said , that one of the best times to make Duaa , is at the last 1/3 of the nights so about an hour or two before suhoor.
It is reported that the Prophet PBUH said : 'When the last one-third of the night remains, our Lord, the Glorious One descends towards the heaven of the earth and proclaims: Who is that who supplicates for Me, and I grant his supplication? Who is that who begs Me for anything and I grant it to him? And who is that who seeks My forgiveness, and I forgive him?' (Bukhari, Muslim).
5) Carry out Traweeh with a group of people, this can be in the mosque, with your friends or with your family. The bigger the group , the more inshallah you will be blessed with ajr and it's also very fun !
6) Spend more time with your family - if you are studying abroad or far away from your family, then spend some time with your friends, if you don't have any friends, the mosque is a good place to make some. In the mosques, the imam usually has an islamic lecture or recites the Quran - so why not do the same thing with your friends and family? Why don't you take it in turns every nights, someone can bring up an islamic subject they've been researching or a question they're confused about - a really fun thing if you have little children in the house, is sharing stories about the Prophets ! You'd be surprised at the impact it can have on their lives. Who ever you choose to spend your time with , make sure you spend it wisely.
7) Start preparing for Laylut - Il Qadr
8) Start planning and evaluting yourself - remember that little notebook I told you to keep in my first post about ramadan ? how is it working out for you? have you learnt any lessons ? Do you know where you're heading ? would you like to change anything about yourself ? Now is a really good time, to open that notebook and start assessing yourself and working on changing or maintaing your lifestyle ! Of course, if you haven't bothered with a notebook it's never too late , to start !
9) Make lots of ISTAGHFAR - as humans , we make a lot of stupid mistakes during the year but thank goodness, Allah is very merciful - so now would be a good time to make lots of istaghfar and ask for his mercy. Saying 'alhamdulilah' and doing tasbeeh is also really good because even though as humans we do alot of stupid things that need to be forgiven, we are also given a lot blessings that deserve gratitude.
LETS TURN TO ALLAH BEFORE WE RETURN TO ALLAH.
Stay Blessed & Ramadan Kareem ,